Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back on track

After a very indulgent pregnancy, I'm back on track! Veg*n, baby!


Thai pasta salad
(from vegweb)

4 ounces angel hair pasta (I used Barilla Plus. It has egg whites in it. I'm sure you can find a vegan pasta if you prefer)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup red cabbage, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon peel seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon salt, Optional

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Drain but don't rinse. Toss immediately with the 1 cup of coconut milk to prevent sticking. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve either hot or cold. Serves 3.

Caitlin and Emma are in Hawaii, so they didn't try it. Cole wasn't fond of the red cabbage. Truth be told, neither was I. I think I'll try green cabbage next time. Drake suggested wilting the cabbage a bit before adding it because he didn't like the texture. I think green cabbage will take care of that though because it's not as crunchy as red. Sera LOVED it. She had leftovers for breakfast AND lunch today! I'll get the pictures and stars up later :)

No comments: