Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spinach Lingine with Basil-Cilantro Pesto and Artichokes

My first dish from Veganomicon!

Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVED this dish, as did my husband. SO good! It was kinda hit and miss with the kids, though. They were all willing to eat it (minus the artichoke hearts, which I figured, because they all hate artichoke hearts) but not all really wanted to. lol

It's pretty much as it says...spinach linguine with a basil and cilantro pesto. Of course, there was no cheese in this pesto. I need a better food processor. My pesto was a bit crunchy from the nuts in it. (It doesn't taste nutty, though, I promise!) It didn't make it bad, it just made it...different. lol The kids rated it based on the agreement that the artichoke hearts don't count towards the rating...otherwise it would have gotten a zero from all of them because artichoke hearts apparently make things inedible. (Crazy kids!)








No comments: