Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Mocko Soup

Tonights dinner was a HUGE success. It's something I know my kids love, but I usually put ground turkey in it. This time, I put bulgur in it, which looks like ground meat when it's cooked up with a bunch of stuff, so they didn't even notice that this dish was vegan! They have been wanting to grade every meal lately, whether vegetarian or not. When it's not vegetarian, they ask, "Can we grade this?" because they know I'm not going to ask them for a score. Tonight, after only a few bites, they asked if they could grade it. I still haven't told them that it's vegan. They'll start pretending they don't like it. LOL

Mocko Soup

Ingredients:
1 C. bulgur
1 C. water
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can tomatoes and green chilis
1 can corn

Directions:
Put bulgur, water and taco seasoning into a crock pot. Stir. Rinse and drain both types of beans. Add to crock pot. Add entire contents of tomatoes and corn cans. Stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4=5 hours.

Serve!


















No comments: