Monday, January 12, 2009

Carols Dal Curry

Tonight's dinner was Carols Dal Curry from Vegweb.com. Hubby said it was delicious (he loves Indian food) and the curry was perfect, but he would have liked to have some chicken in it.

I only had a little bit of it, but it was really good. I'm currently on a low carb, low fat diet, so something with quite a bit of olive oil and a ton of coconut milk in it, over a bed of rice doesn't quite fit the bill. lol

I think I forgot to mention in my previous post that I double all recipes to feed my family of 8.

Carols Dal Curry

Ingredients:

2 cups lentils, stones picked out and boiled until soft
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, washe'd and well chopped
1 large tomato
1 can coconut milk
1 can tomato sauce - medium size
1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
1-1/2 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, a dash ground cloves
salt to taste

Directions:

Cover bottom of saucepan with vegetable oil. Fry onion about 5 minutes. Add cilantro and continue frying over medium heat, until onion is golden. Add tomato and let get a little soft. Add rest of ingredients, including spices (add spices according to your taste!) and let simmer for about 30 minutes. This is really tasty atop a bed of basmati rice.

Serves: 4-6

Preparation time: 1 hour















She wouldn't eat it.


No comments: