Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mocko Salad

It's not a taco salad without corn chips and ground beef with taco seasoning, so it's a "Mock"o Salad...and it was DELISH!!!!

Vegetarian refried beans makes the first layer (just spread it out on the plate)
Four romaine lettuce leaves, torn up, makes the next layer
Another layer of refried beans (because refried beans are tres yummy)
A layer of diced tomatoes
All topped with salsa

YUM! It was the largest salad I have EVER seen. I thought there was NO WAY I could finish it, but I knew I needed to attempt to get my one pound of raw veggies in, so I dug in...and finished it, while still wanting more! I've already made myself another one for dinner. It's calling me from the fridge. lol

I spent like three hours making this bean...thing...last night for lunch today. It didn't turn out anywhere near as good as I had hoped it would. :( I did eat it for breakfast though and sent some to work with Drake. I was going to have it for dinner, but I'm opting for the mocko salad again instead. I still need to figure out what the kids are having for lunch and dinner though. There's no way they'll touch a salad. lol

No comments: