Monday, October 23, 2006

Still chugging along

We haven't done any new foods recently. We've been having oatmeal for breakfast every morning, which is always a hit with everyone. I was feeling really lousy last night and didn't want to cook, so Drake somehow managed to convince me to fry up some burgers for him and the kids to eat. It was a lot less work than any veggie meal would have been, that's for sure. We told the kids they were tofu burgers so they wouldn't think that I was willing to cook them meat, and thusly, start asking for it again. lol They thought the tofu burgers were okay....not great...just okay. LOL If they knew they were actually meat, I'm sure they would have been raving about how wonderful it tasted and how they HAD to start eating meat again. lol They said they probably won't be asking for tofu burgers again. ;)

Tomorrow morning starts my new way of eating. I'm going to be following the "Eat to Live" program by Dr. Furhman. It's basically unlimited fruits, low starch veggies and beans. It's pretty much how I figured I'd be eating anyways. I need to stop with the bread and potatoes. lol I'll still be able to stick with my morning oatmeal though, which is good. I really need to incorporate more salad type veggies into my diet anyways.

So, that's about it from the veg*n homefront!

No comments: