Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not very interesting

I haven't really tried any interesting new foods lately. Every morning is still crockpot oatmeal because that's what the kids keep requesting, lunch is usually leftovers of dinner the night before, and dinner is just whatever easy thing I can throw together. Payday is tomorrow though, so I'll be able to actually go out and buy new fruits and veggies, so meals will be more interesting!

Last nights dinner was the vegan chili that we had had before. This time, though, I remembered to add the cilantro and added about two tablespoons of lemon juice and a large can of kidney beans. This chili got MUCH better reviews, so I think this is how I'll be making it from now on. I didn't do it in the crock pot, either, but I don't think that really made a difference...it just took less time and more effort. lol

I'm hoping to wake up in time to make it to the farmer's market on Saturday. It runs until noon, but the kids have tae kwon do from 9:30 on, so I really need to get there as soon as it opens (8:00) so I can get back and get everything put away with enough time left to get the kids ready for their classes.

Oh, and by the way,I had fresh pineapple for lunch today. It was SOOOOOO good. I love pineapple. I had a mocko salad for breakfast...tres yummy!

No comments: